It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:12 am
Login

Suhr Corso

The place to be when Bob means something more than just, well... Bob.

Postby EWSEthan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:02 am

hunter wrote:Atma will be 3 Channel!

Are you sure they are footswitchable? I didn't see a footswitch for it in the booth today. Perhaps that's not ready yet.
Matt
Suhr SL68
CAA PT-100
Suhr Badger 35
Suhr 2x12 w/ Scumback M75s
EWSEthan
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby zerolight » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:20 am

hunter wrote:Atma will be 3 Channel!

With all the preamp bells, whistles, and pre-amp tubes of a PT50 or my EH3? No. It's not what I'd want in an amp.
zerolight
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Gluke » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 am

Eagle wrote:Not sure about the looks though. :lol:

That is quite the homage to danish furniture design from the last 50 years so I think is that John uses that as inspiration for an amp box. Coolness all the way on my eyes.
Gluke

Fuzzed out......
Gluke
Glukerator
Glukerator

Postby Aftec » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:37 am

zerolight wrote:
Aftec wrote:I don't mean to be a di&k, but this is insane. No 5-15w lunchbox amp should cost more than 4-500.

Why? Do you really think its significantly cheaper to make a smaller power amp. By your logic a 50w head should be half the price of a 100w head.

I'd love a fully featured 3 channel head in 5w with power scaling. A PT5. I'd expect that to cost about the same as a PT50.

No, this whole boutique thing went out of control price wise. I fully praise the genius of JS, but my not gear whore self, is just refluxing on the prices.
This 5w thing cost exactly the same as an EVH 5150III 50w, with 3 channels, midi control and a headphone jack for silent stuff, recording out and whatever, but since it is 50w, you can take it to a gig and play. 1999$ for the Bogner 15w? ROTFL
"Well, both you homo's are welcome at my pad anytime, to cook meth, or drink beer and eat pizza. I'm flexible...well, according to Steve and Chuck." - Flinto2002 for Marsa and Gluke. HRI in a nutshell.
Aftec
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Bobby Peru » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 am

mslugano wrote:
EWSEthan wrote:Heard the Bogner Atma today and it sounded great. I think i heard Irwin Thomas tell someone that will street for around $1700 so the Suhr at the price mentioned above is quite a deal.

Will check it out tonight at the Suhr factory party id assume.

Man, maybe I am a cheap bastard but I'd have a fucking HARD time paying $1700 for 5 watts.

Can't wait for a post-Suhr party update! Pics/sounds please.

The Bogner Atma is an 18 watter, which puts it in he same league as the badger. $1700 street is not bad.

Reg. watts and price, there's no linear correlation. A great amp takes time to build, wether it be 5 or 50. I've spoken to both Reinhold B. and Dan Boul about this.
Bobby Peru
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby sinasl1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 pm

Guys I played this amp as a proto a few weeks ago, and the one at the show I played yesterday, it sounds friggin awesome. And it's super versatile- you can make it like a cool clean or edge of breakup fender, or make it do a killer marshally hi gain that's tight, or more like a jack white-ish Silvertone about to explode kind of sound. It has an eq similar to the Kelley- active boost and cut. Lots of ability to shape the tone with just treble and bass.

The overall thing is- it sounds like a vintage ptp amp, that direct link between your fingers and the speaker thing- like there's not too much crap in the signal path, if that makes sense. Like a great old Fender, Marshall, Trainwreck, etc etc the Kelley has this too, as does the SL68. But it sounds like it at like, TV volume, ha! Truly big amp tone, that compression and feel/response, like a big amp, but at low volume. I think it'll sound huge with a mic on it.
sinasl1
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby JHL » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 pm

A Corso demovideo by Pete would be sweet! :D
JHL
Medium Member
Medium Member

Postby DStreur » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:50 pm

This could be a really cool studio/apartment amp!
Cheers,
Danny
DStreur
Medium Member
Medium Member

Postby Tone? » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:01 pm

sinasl1 wrote:Guys I played this amp as a proto a few weeks ago, and the one at the show I played yesterday, it sounds friggin awesome. And it's super versatile- you can make it like a cool clean or edge of breakup fender, or make it do a killer marshally hi gain that's tight, or more like a jack white-ish Silvertone about to explode kind of sound. It has an eq similar to the Kelley- active boost and cut. Lots of ability to shape the tone with just treble and bass.

The overall thing is- it sounds like a vintage ptp amp, that direct link between your fingers and the speaker thing- like there's not too much crap in the signal path, if that makes sense. Like a great old Fender, Marshall, Trainwreck, etc etc the Kelley has this too, as does the SL68. But it sounds like it at like, TV volume, ha! Truly big amp tone, that compression and feel/response, like a big amp, but at low volume. I think it'll sound huge with a mic on it.

Pete if it does a great van Halenish marshall I'm there
I cant stand my username! lol - NICK
Tone?
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby EWSEthan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Pete has surely spent more time with this than I have but if I was looking for a small amp to do VH I'd go for the Pink Taco instead. I could see the Corso being more versatile though.
Matt
Suhr SL68
CAA PT-100
Suhr Badger 35
EWSEthan
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Tone? » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:27 pm

The pink what?????

Lol

What the fuck is that ?
I cant stand my username! lol - NICK
Tone?
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby EWSEthan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Friedmans lunch box
Matt
Suhr SL68
CAA PT-100
Suhr Badger 35
EWSEthan
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Chrono » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Wow this looks really nice !
Judging by Petes review it seems like this one has cleans!

Most I have tried so far sounds like a tiny terrier :wink:
Chrono
Large Member
Large Member

Postby Capn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:45 am

Groove in your matching Eames

Capn
String-bearer
String-bearer

Postby KEVORKIAN » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 am

It's gets that mid-century modern sound.
KEVORKIAN
Huge Member
Huge Member

PreviousNext

Return to Gear talk