It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:48 am
Login

New Eventide at NAMM

The place to be when Bob means something more than just, well... Bob.

Postby italoop » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------
former Eventide Algorithms Design Engineer
The H8000 is my son!
http://www.italodeangelis.com/

FX SOUNDWORKS
Visit FX SOUNDWORKS!
italoop
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby VanLaing5150 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Looks INCREDIBLE!!!
VanLaing5150
Large Member
Large Member

Postby KEVORKIAN » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Perfection.
KEVORKIAN
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby joCCe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:58 pm

:shock:
joCCe
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby italoop » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------
former Eventide Algorithms Design Engineer
The H8000 is my son!
http://www.italodeangelis.com/

FX SOUNDWORKS
Visit FX SOUNDWORKS!
italoop
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Flinto2002 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Its like a Line 6 M5, but with massive horsepower and the cool box design of the Nova System.

I'm fucking getting one.
ChrisPtacek wrote:Jim HATES Floyds. I think he only makes them with Floyds because John Ou, Flinto, and Matt force him to. I am pretty sure Matt's a gun owner, and Flint threatens to help build guitars. John threatens to foreclose on Jim's properties and seize assets.
Flinto2002
I am not the shit.
I am not the shit.

Postby Earplugz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Eventide just raised the bar...let's see those full specs!
new band:
www.whitelimo.nl

former band:
www.myspace.com/darkintentions
Earplugz
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby zerolight » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:29 pm

I want that H9. Wonder if it'll replace my TimeFactor - I barely scratch the surface of the TF.
zerolight
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby fallout-labs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:34 pm

it'd be really cool if you could use more than one effect at a time.. i'm assuming its only one?

love the vernon video.. incredible.... :lol:
Custom Audio Solutions - For Everyday Musicians!
www.fallout-labs.com
- An Authorized Evidence Audio Custom Shop
fallout-labs
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby AdAstra » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Eventide H9 looks great. I especially dig the iPod/Blutooth integration and the fact that it can do algorithms from all of the Eventide stompboxes. But, quite frankly, if it can't do at least THREE of those fx at once and has NO audio gap (silence) when changing patches, they've dropped the ball yet again.

I'm still waiting for a high quality stompbox mfr (TC, Eventide, Strymon, Lexicon) to make a pedal sized device that can do Reverb, Delay and Modulation fx all at once. Why can ZOOM, Digitech, Vox, Line 6, etc. do these boxes that can do TWENTY fx at once, albeit mediocre in quality, yet these super-duper high tech guys can't give us THREE fx at once in a small stomp box format? For example, where's the new Glass Nexus?

I just posted on Evetide's FB page asking about # of fx at once and audio gap when changing patches. I await their reply.

That is all...Joe
AdAstra
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby spacebar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Looks pretty sweet to me. Pedal boards just keep getting smaller. YES
spacebar
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby beej » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:59 pm

AdAstra wrote:I'm still waiting for a high quality stompbox mfr (TC, Eventide, Strymon, Lexicon) to make a pedal sized device that can do Reverb, Delay and Modulation fx all at once.

Now that would be fantastic (esp if you could change routing options- order, series, parallel, etc.).

But I suspect this is one effect only as well. A response to the success of the TonePrint pedals.

Regardless ... it'll probably sound fantastic and I'll be out whatever it costs.
beej
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Impulse 101 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:59 pm

That does look amazing. I love the idea of the bluetooth control. I really hope that the sound quality is up there with the feature set, if it is I will own one.

JT
Huge Racks INC? It should be called Enablers Anonymous.
Impulse 101
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Supertgtr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Can it do the four cable setup? I couldn't tell from the video. No speakers on my PC at work.
No comment.
Supertgtr
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Impulse 101 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:02 pm

AdAstra wrote:Eventide H9 looks great. I especially dig the iPod/Blutooth integration and the fact that it can do algorithms from all of the Eventide stompboxes. But, quite frankly, if it can't do at least THREE of those fx at once and has NO audio gap (silence) when changing patches, they've dropped the ball yet again.

I'm still waiting for a high quality stompbox mfr (TC, Eventide, Strymon, Lexicon) to make a pedal sized device that can do Reverb, Delay and Modulation fx all at once. Why can ZOOM, Digitech, Vox, Line 6, etc. do these boxes that can do TWENTY fx at once, albeit mediocre in quality, yet these super-duper high tech guys can't give us THREE fx at once in a small stomp box format? For example, where's the new Glass Nexus?

I just posted on Evetide's FB page asking about # of fx at once and audio gap when changing patches. I await their reply.

That is all...Joe

Processing horsepower is the same as anything else. To be great at something you have to concentrate your efforts, sure you can also multitask but you will end up being less effective at each individual thing that you attempt. The more you add the less effective you become.

I'm the exact opposite of you when it comes to stomp boxes. I want a box to do one thing and do it really, really well.

JT
Huge Racks INC? It should be called Enablers Anonymous.
Impulse 101
Huge Member
Huge Member

Next

Return to Gear talk