It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:27 pm
Login

Wampler - Pinnacle vs. Plextortion vs. Slostortion

The place to be when Bob means something more than just, well... Bob.

Postby Flinto2002 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:25 am

I was listening to the demo's on these, and man, they sound cool. Which one to get though? Between the Pinnacle and then Plextortion, i think I like the Pinnacle clips better (although I love JCM800's which the Plextone is supposed to emulate)

But5 man, then they roll out the SLO pedal, and I fuckin want that too.

Eagle, you listening? Which one?
ChrisPtacek wrote:Jim HATES Floyds. I think he only makes them with Floyds because John Ou, Flinto, and Matt force him to. I am pretty sure Matt's a gun owner, and Flint threatens to help build guitars. John threatens to foreclose on Jim's properties and seize assets.
Flinto2002
I am not the shit.
I am not the shit.

Postby Eagle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:39 am

I haven't played through a Slo (only clips) but I have A/B ed the other two and I personally preferred the Pinnacle .
The EQ on both pedals alowes you to get very simmilar tones but the Pinnacle is more amp like IMO .
The SLO sounds very good but I can't comment on the feel and with OD I think this is almost as important .
The deluxe Pinnacle is very good on a pedal board because of the separate gain boost foot switch which for once is the right way around changing the feel for leads and not just the volume .
If I was at a fly gig and playing through a rental amp this pedal and a timefactor and I would be good to go.
Eagle
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Flinto2002 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks. PInnacle it is, I'll be pulling the trigger this weekend.
ChrisPtacek wrote:Jim HATES Floyds. I think he only makes them with Floyds because John Ou, Flinto, and Matt force him to. I am pretty sure Matt's a gun owner, and Flint threatens to help build guitars. John threatens to foreclose on Jim's properties and seize assets.
Flinto2002
I am not the shit.
I am not the shit.

Postby Eagle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:05 pm

I know I've posted this before but this clip is this pedal to a tee. 8)

Everything from AC/DC to VH1 this pedal rocks.
Eagle
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Butterbean » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:05 pm

I just bought a Plextortion over a Pinnacle for what it's worth...played them both in person for about 2 hours and walked away with the Plex...just better for me
Butterbean
Small Member
Small Member

Postby Mats Nermark » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:01 pm

I got the Pinnacle. I agree with everything Eagle says on the subject.

Cheers,

Mats N
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.nermark.com
All my backing tracks can be found at:
http://nermark.articulateimages.com
Mats Nermark
Huge Member
Huge Member

Return to Gear talk