It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:46 am
Login

Randy Rhoads Pedalboard

The place to be when Bob means something more than just, well... Bob.

Postby shortlands » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:58 am

Ross Halfin has posted some great stage photos on his site. I was just wondering if anybody knows what kind of pedalboard Randy was using. It looks pretty sturdy.

randy-lith01.jpg
randy-lith01.jpg (71.81 KiB) Viewed 1586 times
Attachments
randy-bw03.jpg
randy-bw03.jpg (77.52 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
Be good to each other.
shortlands
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Blues » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:04 pm

I think it was basically MXR pedals rehoused into the board on the pics. Might be wrong, but I think he was a big MXR user
Tyler FTW!
---------------------------
for gear and more:
http://joachimrs.tumblr.com
Blues
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Rezistrat » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Google search gives you this website www.musictoyz.com/articles/chop11198.php
Rezistrat
Large Member
Large Member

Postby brent » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:07 pm

I seem to recall reading that his pedalboard was very unreliable and really noisy
I think Ozzy made a comment about it sounding like a skillet
brent
Medium Member
Medium Member

Postby butrus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Nice geisha shoes
:lol:
butrus
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby donbarzini » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm more interested in why there wasn't a full camera crew capturing that entire show live :(
donbarzini
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Flinto2002 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:06 pm

donbarzini wrote:I'm more interested in why there wasn't a full camera crew capturing that entire show live :(

I read Rudy Sarzo's biography that mostly deals with Randy's life and the first Ozzy Tours. Evidently those tours were a gigantic clusterfuck. Interesting reading, even if you only believe 1/2 of it.
ChrisPtacek wrote:Jim HATES Floyds. I think he only makes them with Floyds because John Ou, Flinto, and Matt force him to. I am pretty sure Matt's a gun owner, and Flint threatens to help build guitars. John threatens to foreclose on Jim's properties and seize assets.
Flinto2002
I am not the shit.
I am not the shit.

Postby Drucifer » Sat May 01, 2010 6:18 am

Flinto2002 wrote:
donbarzini wrote:I'm more interested in why there wasn't a full camera crew capturing that entire show live :(

I read Rudy Sarzo's biography that mostly deals with Randy's life and the first Ozzy Tours. Evidently those tours were a gigantic clusterfuck. Interesting reading, even if you only believe 1/2 of it.

What's the name of the book? I'm a sucker for auto/biography's....especially musicians, I'd DEFINITELY get this.

SIde note- anyone read Ozzy's yet?
I know it hurts a little, it's like I'm losing a friend....it's inevitable...
Drucifer
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Flinto2002 » Sat May 01, 2010 6:53 am

Drucifer wrote:
Flinto2002 wrote:

What's the name of the book? I'm a sucker for auto/biography's....especially musicians, I'd DEFINITELY get this.

SIde note- anyone read Ozzy's yet?

Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo

Not a bad read, though Sarzo definitely comes off like an ass kisser. :lol:
ChrisPtacek wrote:Jim HATES Floyds. I think he only makes them with Floyds because John Ou, Flinto, and Matt force him to. I am pretty sure Matt's a gun owner, and Flint threatens to help build guitars. John threatens to foreclose on Jim's properties and seize assets.
Flinto2002
I am not the shit.
I am not the shit.

Postby tobias » Sat May 01, 2010 9:40 am

shortlands wrote:Ross Halfin has posted some great stage photos on his site. I was just wondering if anybody knows what kind of pedalboard Randy was using. It looks pretty sturdy.

randy-bw03.jpg.
[attachment=0]randy-lith01.jpg

this one! It was Pete Holmes work, I believe, who is thanked on Blizzard as Pete "Pedalboard" Holmes.
tobias
Large Member
Large Member

Postby soundscapes » Sat May 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Screw the pedalboard, look at those firm buns!!!
soundscapes
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby shortlands » Sun May 02, 2010 9:21 am

tobias wrote:
shortlands wrote:Ross Halfin has posted some great stage photos on his site. I was just wondering if anybody knows what kind of pedalboard Randy was using. It looks pretty sturdy.

randy-bw03.jpg.
[attachment=0]randy-lith01.jpg

this one! It was Pete Holmes work, I believe, who is thanked on Blizzard as Pete "Pedalboard" Holmes.

Cool pics. Guess it doesn't look so sturdy after all. I wonder when the movie about RR is coming out?
Be good to each other.
shortlands
Huge Member
Huge Member

Postby Impulse 101 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:45 pm

As great as Randy's playing was his tone sucked. If I found out what was in that pedalboard I would avoid it like the plauge.

JT
Huge Racks INC? It should be called Enablers Anonymous.
Impulse 101
Huge Member
Huge Member

Return to Gear talk